Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - The First Look

The First Look.

It's getting to be pretty common nowadays to do the First Look, where the bride and groom set up a little photoshoot when they see each other for the first time before the ceremony.  At first we didn't think we wanted to do one.  We liked the idea of him seeing me for the first time as I walked down the aisle.  But then I started to get worried about the photography timeline, about getting all the pictures of the wedding party and family that we wanted, and still having time to enjoy cocktail hour.  I also started reading about how much brides and grooms enjoyed this time together, alone (mostly), before the craziness of the day started.  I knew that once the wedding started and guests and families were involved, we would be pulled in a million different directions.  I wanted to feel that there was a special chunk of the day that was just ours.  And so we decided to do the "First Look"

The photographer stationed my groom on the walkway outside our venue.  I was to come out the front door, walk up behind him, and tap him on the shoulder.  Here's how it went...































In the end we were both so happy that we chose to do the first look.  Tor commented that he was feeling nervous and anxious all morning, and that seeing me helped calm him down.  I loved having this time together, even if the whole thing lasted about 5 minutes.  I also loved that we had a TON of time for wedding party and family portraits!  For anyone leaning towards doing a First Look, I would say go for it!

Up next...wedding party and family portraits!

1 comment: