Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins

We are going camping tonight by the Kern River.
Near Bakersfield,
in the middle of nowhere,
so we can go river rafting on Sunday morning.
Woo hoo!

Since we have to check into the rafting place at 7:45am
I knew we'd need some quick and easy breakfast options
because there is no way I'm waking up any earlier than I have to on a weekend.

So I looked up a few blueberry muffin recipes
and settled on this one at Epicurious.
Mainly because it had the fewest number of steps
and I already had everything needed.
And it included cinnamon.  Yum.

They turned out soooo good, 
Bursting with blueberries.
And super easy.
You just need a spoon, a whisk, and two bowls.




Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins - from Epicurious
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 400.
Put liners in muffin cups.
Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in bowl.
Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
Add milk mixture to flour and stir until just combined.
Fold in blueberries gently
Spoon into muffin cups.
Bake about 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!
And wish me luck that I don't fall out of the raft and get washed away!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. We've been trying our tons of berry recipes while they are in season. Hope I can fit this in before the season officially ends.

    ReplyDelete