Monday, April 25, 2011

Meatless Monday: Black Bean Tostadas

 

I am by no means a vegetarian but I like the idea of Meatless Mondays.  Especially after gorging myself on an Easter buffet this weekend.  A week or so ago, I saw this recipe for Black Bean Tostadas on the Dana Treat site.  It looked tasty, budget friendly, and simple to put together.  I was able to run to the store at 3:30 this afternoon and have everything prepped and ready to cook in under an hour. 




The hubs and I rated this recipe as a keeper, though I think I would change a few things up.  It ended up making not nearly as much beans as I thought it would, and way too much cabbage slaw.  I'd probably double bean recipe, halve (or even quarter) the slaw recipe, and use more of the avocado salsa cruda (which I actually entirely forgot to make).

We paired it with a side of (boxed) Spanish rice.  It filled us up and there was enough left over for my lunch tomorrow.  Always a bonus when you're on a budget!


Cheeto thought it looked pretty delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment