Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cooking With Martha - Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa


Since we just put a hefty down payment on a new car, I'm trying to be budget conscious the next few weeks until our next paycheck replenishes our checking account.  This recipe from the Martha Stewart website definitely fit the bill with a whopping 7 ingredients.  We served it up with a side of steamed artichokes from my dad's garden.

I was afraid the chicken would be too spicy for me, but it was actually pretty mild.  And the avocado salsa was a cool and creamy touch.  Next time I'd probably use half an onion and maybe 2 avocados, but otherwise I'd keep everything the same.

I Looove avocados!

 It's really hard to hold a squeezer in one hand and a camera  in the other!


In all it was a tasty dinner ready in about 30 minutes (okay well actually 45 but that's because of the artichokes).

No comments:

Post a Comment