Saturday, June 11, 2011

Moving and Fill In The Blank Friday


I've been MIA these past two weeks.  
I apologize.
I have an excuse, really.  
First was a trip to Chicago and Iowa for a friend's wedding (post to come!)
Then was a last minute decision to move, 
involving scrambling to pack all week 
after already being exhausted from working all day.  
And a mad dash to clear out one apartment so we can clean it out.  
All while trying to organize the new one.  

This is just part of the chaos that was our apartment.
And yes, that's a giant sombrero
because, well, you never know!


So I'm a bit late for these Fill Ins, 
but to me it's still technically Friday 
because its 4:45am and I still haven't' gone to sleep.  
Whats up with that?

1.   This weekend I'm     moving, kind of.  We are moving to a new apartment within our current apartment complex.  It's 2 floors and a few long hallways away from our current place.  But it's got a balcony (score!) and bigger living spaces (double score!)  and    I'm kind dreading the whole packing, unpacking, organizing thing.  And hoping I'll still be able to move my body enough to make it out for drinks with friends later.

2.  My last vacation was   a few weekends ago we went to Chicago, then to Moline for a dear friend's wedding.  Posts with pics to come soon, I promise.

3.  My next vacation will be     who knows?!  A possible white water rafting trip next month.  A possible trip to Washington in September.  Definitely going somewhere in October for the anniversary.

4.  My favorite way to relax is   Lying on the couch watching TV - all the shows I've DVRd during the week.  You know, the trashy stuff....Real Housewives, Oprah behind the scenes, Food Network stuff.  Or watching Glee through Netflix.

5.  When vacationing one should always     remember to relax.  I kind of have that problem.  Relax, enjoy the surroundings.  Stop counting every cent you're spending and wondering how far off budget you'll be..

6.  When vacationing one should never       go straight to work the next day.  You need a couple days to vacation from your vacation.
 
7.  The best part about a vacation is       the memories.  Good or bad, you've made some memories with your spouse, friend, whomever you were with.  You will now have moments when you're sitting, drinking wine, saying "Oh My Gosh!  Do you remember that time in Granada when it was so cold you had to buy a souvenir shirt to wear under yours?  Or How about that time we almost got swept away by thunderstorms in Iowa?"  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment