Friday, May 13, 2011

Fill In The Blank Friday


I'm sure many of you have noticed that Blogger has been down the past few days, which has kinda sucked, but actually helped me not feel so bad about having no posts this week.   It also means that Lauren was unable to post her fill-in-the-blanks.  Luckily Courtney at
My So Called Denver posted her own blanks.  Phew!  What would a Friday be without blanks to fill in?!

Right now I'm sitting on my couch trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight.  I have a package of tofu that needs to be used, so I'm thinking of making this Stir Fried Sesame Broccoli by Dana Treat. 

I've also seen a lot of French Toast recipes lately (herehere, and here)  and am thinking it could make a great weekend breakfast.

Or maybe I'll make this cinammon pull apart bread.  Or maybe this one because it's easier!

I've also got almost a full tub of mascarpone cheese left over from a cake I made last weekend, and an abundance of strawberries available at the store, so I'm gonna try to whip up a strawberry tart.  I'll let you know how that goes!

Ok, enough rambling about food....on to the blanks!


1.   If  I had to use 3 words to describe why I am undoubtedly a  Mandich they would be  smart, impatient, and a wine drinker!

2.  Something that happened to me in life that initially seemed bad but turned out to be good was  leaving my old job, breaking up with my boyfriend, and moving back to California to live with my parents at 26.  Man, that was not a good time in my life!  But it all led to a career change and eventually my husband so I'd say it all turned out for the better!

3.  Something I inherited from my mom is  my strikingly good looks!  And probably my sarcasm, green eyes, and good cooking skills.

4.  Something I inherited from my dad is  my temper!  And more sarcasm, long legs, and a love of reading.

5.  My goal for this summer is   to relax and enjoy living a mile from the beach.  To catch up on my photo album.  To grow this blog more.  And to get back in a workout routine.

6.  The best thing about this week is     that it's pretty much over!  This week wasn't so bad, but it wasn't particularly great of inspiring either.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in, baking, and going to Disneyland on Sunday.

7.  Something I couldn't give up if I tried is  sugar and sweets.  I gave it up for a couple weeks while dieting for the wedding, but there's no way I could do it permanently.  Dessert is just TOO good!

Have a great weekend!
 

2 comments:

  1. Very jealous that you live only a mile from the beach. That sounds like heaven to me. I am a California native too.
    And I couldn't give up sugar & sweets ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Wish I lived a mile from the beach and close to Disneyland, instead of 2 hours to the closest airport and Walmart! Ha!

    ReplyDelete