Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup


It was 102 at my house today.
One hundred
and
two.
I was already sweating at 8am when I dropped E off at daycare.
And it only got worse from there.

On days like today,
which unfortunately happen way too often here in The Valley,
the last thing I want to do is cook a hot meal.
I'm not usually a big fan of cold soup
but this one is so yummy and refreshing.
And super easy.
So the next time you're having a steamy day,
whip up a batch of this soup and cool off.


Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup

1 cucumber, chopped
1 large avocado, chopped
1  clove of garlic, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup greek yogurt
salt and pepper

Put all ingredients except salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
You can also use a food processor or immersion blender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil
and garnish with tomatoes, croutons, scallions,
or whatever else looks good to you!

1 comment: