Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Kindness


Each Friday I will be highlighting a Random Act of Kindness.  
I invite you to join in and spread some kindness of your own.

Pick Up Some Trash




Near my house there is a road that goes through a canyon all the way to the beach.
One day my husband and I were driving through the canyon 
and saw a shiny metallic balloon tangled in the shrubbery on the side of the road.  
It was quite an eyesore in the natural beauty of the canyon.
And I felt kinda guilty driving by it and leaving it there.

Two days later I was driving through the canyon again on my way to a patient's house
and the balloon was still there.
So I pulled over, untangled it, and stuck it in my car.
When I got home I deflated it and threw it away.
It took all of 2 minutes out of my day and made me happy
 knowing that the balloon wouldn't end up stuck up in some tree for who knows how long.

Next time you see some litter in your neighborhood
do your part and take a minute and pick it up

*

See other Random Acts of Kindness here
and help brighten someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment