Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend in Tahoe

Last weekend the hubby and I
 took a trip up to Lake Tahoe to visit his parents.
And, in a way, it was our babymoon
since it'll be the last trip before baby girl arrives.
Although, I'm not sure a weekend with your in-laws
and sleeping in a sofa bed counts as a babymoon.

The weather was beautiful and sunny with hardly any snow on the ground.
Which was good for me, but not so much for the hubs
who wanted to go snowboarding.

We spent Saturday afternoon driving around the lake,
stopping at various view points along the way to take pictures.
I'll never cease to be amazed by the beauty of the lake
and the deep blue color of the water that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

About 3/4 of the way around the lake, we stopped for lunch.
When we were told it would be a 20 minute wait
my husband said, "that's okay.  We'll still make our appointment at 3:00."
Appointment?  What appointment?
It turns out my dear, loving husband had made an appointment
for me to get a prenatal massage.
And, oh my, it was the best 60 minutes I've had in a very long time!

Here are some snapshots of our drive around the lake...






On Sunday, we got a tiny bit of snow.
So the hubs took advantage and went boarding at Northstar.
I tagged along and spent the day lounging around 
on comfy couches in the "living room" at the new Ritz Carlton.
I pretty much read Bossypants cover to cover
and had a very cheesy grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.




So it wasn't quite the tropical babymoon I originally envisioned
but it was still nice to get away for a few days 
and breathe some fresh mountain air.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband!! Lol made me tear up a bit. Beautiful pictures, I have always wanted to venture down that way. Looks so dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I manage the content for www.tahoesouth.com. Can we re-post this on our blog with a link back to yours?

    Thanks!
    Vanessa
    vanessa.vancour@noblestudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this looks a lot like Crater Lake. I've never been to Tahoe but when to summer camp in a place very close to Tahoe. Looks like a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks like such an amazing time - the pictures are gorgeous! I love your blog and I am your newest follower! xo

    ReplyDelete