Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Heart You Cookies! (part 1)

This past Christmas I tried my hand at decorating cookies with royal icing, using piping bags and squeezy bottles as described on Bake at 350.  I am in awe of her cookies and hope one day to make mine look as pretty and perfect as hers.  For my second attempt I decided to make heart shaped Valentine's Day cookies, using the Lemon Cut Out Cookie recipe also found on Bake at 350.  Here's how it went...

First, I whisked the flower and baking powder...


Then I creamed the butter and sugar...


Added an egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest...


Then blended it all together with the flour mixture.  Next came the rolling and cutting...


Then they baked for about 11 minutes until they came out like this...



Stay tuned for Part 2 - Decorating, and making a huge mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment